Wednesday, April 23, 2003

When I'm trying to work, but can't, I find I spend a lot of time pacing the length of my room. Occasionally, I talk to myself, in the 'I can't fucking do this!' kind of a way. I have conversations with the mirror, about how much I suck at English Language.

That's normal, right?

Anyway, the thing is, being able to do that must be a pretty good stress relief, because while I'm at home, without my computer table (left in Lancaster because of lack of space in the car), I've had to pull the desk out from my cabin bed and put my computer on that.

I have a narrow bedroom, and the desk reaches right across to the other wall.

Ergo, I can't even fucking walk the length of the room any more, and I'm forced to sit in front of my monitor screen for about fourteen hours a day, desperately trying to think of some fucking thing to write.

I'm driving up to Lancaster tomorrow, so I'm going to track down the deadline for my dissertation, somehow get an extension for it and then concentrate on my 206 essay over the weekend. Once that's out of the way, there's just the dissertation to deal with.

Or I could just decide to resit the entire year. I'll see what happens if I do that - if I can pick and choose individual modules to resit, and keep the ones I'm pleased with.

LING 204, for example. I got my second best essay grade ever before Christmas, and I'm expecting somewhere in the 60s for the one I handed in before the holiday. Wouldn't want all that to go to waste.

LING 206 could bear a little repeating. Hopefully the lecture times will be a bit less evil (9am, I ask you!) next year.

LING 201, the dissertation module, hell, I'd start that from scratch and do something a bit less ambitious and easier to talk to a tutor about. Mick doesn't seem to know quite what I mean, although it's not his fault, because I don't know what I mean either. Creative Writing? Could repeat that, for fun, but I could live without a resit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home