Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Currently trying to write an essay comparing the language of a newspaper report on an Anti-Nazi League petition to have the Young British National Party leader expelled from Salford University with the BNP's response on their website. Stupid idea of the ANL - he's scum, but that shouldn't lead to him being kicked out of university (and it can't, either).

I keep getting distracted - I recognised the name of one of posters on the comments page as being the BNP's National Press Officer, and left a message pointing out that he'd failed to mention his link to Tony Wentworth (the subject of the petition) while defending him.

Just now, I realised that the BNP article repeatedly plagiarises the Manchester Evening News article I'm comparing it with, and felt the need to tell the MEN about it. Ha, fuck you, you Nazi scum! It's always good to strike a blow against the BNP.

Hmm... seeing which bits the BNP chose to plagiarise and which bits they left out could prove useful material for the essay.

Unfortunately, I've had to plough through the BNP website for background information on the party's ideology (which helps work out the cause or meaning behind the bias in their ). Goddammit, I felt physically sick when I found the photos of their family days out.

I also did a bit of background research for the other groups involved. Apparently, both Tony Wentworth and Mick Treacey (failed Oldham BNP council election candidate, who was present at a protest against Wentworth) have been spotted photographing ANL supporters. These photographs have subsequently appeared on Redwatch, a website that publishes a hitlist of anti-Nazis and has resulted in dozens of attacks, including firebombings.

Of course, Nick Griffin, the leader of the BNP, isn't without his own criminal convictions for inciting racial hatred, and many of the party leadership (including all of the BNP councillors in my home area) have got convictions for violent racist attacks.


Just to get this off my chest, so I can actually focus long enough to write an essay:

FUCKING SCUM!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home